WholeWay Home - EcoCasita
YOU MUST READ HOUSE RULES BEFORE CONTACTING US! Queen Bed in a Private Casita - Quiet Clean Historic Downtown 1954 architectural garden duplex Close 2 Strip, Convention Center. WORLDS away in vibe. We specialize in long-term rentals of 30+ days
WELCOME to our Urban Homestead... HISTORIC Downtown Las Vegas 1950s architecture garden studio... Queen Bed in Quiet, Clean, holistic health oriented, peaceful, relaxing, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw food Foodists, Organic Gardeners, Eco-Friendly, slow food, yoga, massage table, meditation, sober travel, 12 step, AA recovery, architectural preservation, artists, actors, writers, dancers, musicians, performers, stage and ALL creative and healthy living folks visiting Las Vegas or downtown LasVegas, Las Vegas Convention Center, Zappos, Downtown Project, the Las Vegas Strip. We also try to accommodate guests with allergies or multiple chemical sensitivity MCS. Close to Las Vegas Strip and Convention Center. WORLDS away in vibe.
We are the recent recipients of the LAS VEGAS MAYOR'S URBAN DESIGN AWARD!!! Stay at the M.U.D.A. House!!!
• Queen Bed
• 1 full private bath
• Linens provided: Clean sheets, pillows, towels
• Secure High Speed Wired and Wireless Internet
• Outdoor living urban farm garden areas.
• Central Air Conditioning and Heat
• Fully equipped vegetarian/vegan KITCHENETTE with dishes and utensils provided
• Tea Kettle & Toaster Over (NO MICROWAVE or hotplate)
• Coffee Maker
• Organic Coffee and Tea + Cold waters in fridge + Complimentary healthy snacks as available
• VITAMIX Professional Blender
• Flat panel TV with Cable
• Outdoor firepit
• Places to do YOGA (mats provided)
• PING PONG TABLE!
• Washer and Dryer access
• Eco-safe detergents
• No Carpet. Tile Floors Throughout
• Free Street Parking always available out front. Off street parking may be available depending on our occupancy.
Interaction with Guests
We live and work on the same property next door. So we may see each other coming and going now and then. We interact only as much as a guest desires: frequently or not. We usually only host 1 guest at a time - so the property seems quiet and secluded.
1) Need a Recovery Coach or Health Coach to support you? Let us help you with addictive behaviors (alcoholic, drug, opiate, workaholic, sugar, depression, anxiety, cravings, pain, insomnia, and more…) through diet assessment and/or practical customized nutritional advice while grocery shopping and/or herbal shopping? For a nominal fee, we can provide that Expertise!
2) DISCOVER VINTAGE VEGAS! Your hostess, wrote the seminal architecture tour guide, Mondo Vegas - Touring Mid Century Modern Las Vegas! We have provided multiple tours for both private groups and for the Neon Museum, World Market Center, Cultural Heritage Commission and Visitors and Convention Center Bureau. We can offer YOU customized "insider" tour guide services if you are interested in seeing a bit of old school vintage historic Las Vegas.
This restored home is part of a Historic Downtown Las Vegas Core: a 1950s architectural neighborhood designed by renowned Los Angeles Case Study Program architect, A. Quincy Jones. It is a central urban historic, downtown-adjacent, eclectic, Bohemian. Conveniently close to the action, but worlds away from the noise and hustle. Family friendly, gay friendly neighborhood near the Huntridge Theater District. Our WalkScore is a 72! The house and neighborhood are safe. It may look "rough" to the outsider, but due to the summer heat, very few people in Vegas take care of their yards properly - which sucks, BUT we live here and walk or ride bikes day or night!
LOCATION AND DISTANCES:
• 1.5 block walk to RTC 109 busline (direct to/from airport and to Downtown Transit Center)
• 3 block walk to SX (Sahara Express) line to the Strip
• .4 miles to Rainbow's End (health food store and restaurant)
• .5 miles to Albertson's and Smiths Markets
• .7 mile to Zagat Rated Lotus of Siam restaurant
• 1.1 miles to 'the Center'
• 1.4 miles to famous Las Vegas Blvd. Strip
• 1.4 miles to the First Friday Downtown Arts District!
• 1.9 miles to Downtown Project Container Park
• 2.0 miles to National Register El Cortez Hotel
• 2.1 miles from the Convention Center
• 2.2 miles to Zappos Headquarters
• 2.4 miles to Downtown 3rd Farmer's Market
• 2.5 miles to the Las Vegas World Market Center - Design Center
• 2.6 miles to Wynn Resorts Hotel
• 2.7 miles to UNLV
• 2.9 miles to Palazzo Venetian Hotel
• 2.9 miles to the Smith Center
• 3.4 miles to Caesars Palace Hotel
• 3.7 miles to the Hard Rock Hotel
• 4 miles to MGM Aria and City Center
• 4.6 miles to the McCarran International Airport (LAS)
• 4.8 miles to the Rio Hotel
NATURE LOVER PERKS
• 5 miles to the Las Vegas Springs Preserve Botanical Garden (110 acres that are home to the largest collection of Mojave Desert cacti and succulent plants, wildlife habitats, walking and biking trails, and educational resources.)
• 8 miles to seminal bird watching at Wetlands Park
• 20 miles to America's newest National Monument: Tule Springs pre-Columbian archeological site
• 24 miles to World Class hiking and nature trails at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area (near Summerlin)
• 42 miles to cool summertime hikes in pine trees with seasonal waterfalls at Mount Charleston
COMMON FAQ ANSWERS
• This is an URBAN environment, blocks from a major intersection, but this is a quiet street. Due to the excessive summer heat - no one takes care of their yards. Expect bad landscaping off strip.
• Guests come and go 24/7 (no curfews). But be respectful of standard quiet hours.
• Check-In at 3 pm.
YES, it's okay to drop your bags off earlier.
YES, we can usually accommodate late night check-ins.
• Check-Out is 12 noon.
YES, it's okay to leave bags at the house for rest of the day.
• Early Check-In OR late Check-Out is possible depending on availability.
• Discounts for guest(s) staying 1+month stays, repeat (returning) guests, military, veterans (THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!). Please ask.
We look forward to making your next stay in Las Vegas memorable and happy!
NEW TO ECOBNB?
This is NOT a "Hotel Room." There is no room service or maid service. (You may pay for an in-between cleaning if you like.) You are expected to clean up after yourself and keep the house neat and clean during your entire stay.
WholeWay Home aims to be GMO FREE, CHEMICAL-FREE & MOLD-FREE. We do not have a microwave. We do not use any pesticides on property. Our garden is veganic. We use Organic earth-friendly cleaning products, 100% Cotton towels and sheets, HEPA vacuum, Air filters, Low-flush toilets and Adjustable Low Flow Shower Heads. We use Planet soap. Per their website they are: "Hypo-Allergenic, Certified 100% Biodegradable, Unscented And Uncolored, Packaged In Recycled Content Containers, Non-Toxic, Safe For Septic Systems, Phosphate Free, Free of Nonylphenol Ethoxylates (NPEs)" + Borax on our linens. No softeners or anything else.
temporary, corporate, stays, housing, executive, short term, non casino, stay, long term, living, supportive, educational environment, home, sober living, sobriety, aa, 12 step, 12 steps, rehab, program, treatment, facility, b&b, bed and breakfast, without the breakfast, snacks, house, LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, U.S. Green Building Council, green, amenities, historic, preservation, vintage, architecture, Eichler, restoration, recycle, organic, sanctuary, spiritual, success, single story, Mid Century Modern, midmod, mid-mod, furnished, apartment, condo, high-rise, zappos, downtown, downtown project, convention center, the strip, private yard, garden, relocation, relocating, central, safe, place, location, family, friendly, Gay. lesbian, neighborhood, Huntridge, Theater, District, Urban, eclectic Historic Downtown, longer-term, vacations, adventurers, business, professional, academics, vintage, touring, tourist, tips, paleo, diet, westin price, nutribullet, superfood, Living Light, Tree of Life, Raw Spirit, Longevity Now, Raw Living Expo, Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, Green Smoothie Girl, Health Force, Nutrition, veganic, green living, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Rat Pack, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Cosmopolitan Hotel, SLS vibe, world market center, las vegas design center, magic show, LGBT, pension, pensione, penzione, lodging, boarding house, rooming house
1) HAVE A RECENT and CLEAR FACE PHOTO.
2) HAVE A DETAILED DESCRIPTION PARAGRAPH ABOUT WHO YOU ARE. We like to know who will be staying in our home.
3) THIS IS A STRICT VEGETARIAN HOME. What you eat off-site is your business. But NO animal flesh please. Milk, eggs and cheese are FINE.
4) THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE. IF you plan to be drinking and partying in Vegas – this is NOT the house for you, please move along.
A glass of wine or beer is just fine – but not a 5th of Whiskey.
5) NO smoking
6) NO recreational pharmaceuticals.
7) NO pets.
8) NO visitors. NO guests.
9) This property as a GMO-FREE and ALLERGEN FREE home. Please leave artificially fragrance cosmetic items at home. Read labels and keep it real folks! :-)
10) These rules are general guidelines. Guests are expected to be polite and respectful and use their common sense and adhere to the Golden Rule. Remember you are staying at a private home, NOT an anonymous hotel room.
IF YOU WANT TO STAY WITH US – you must PLEASE PUT the secret word PEEWEE in your note - so we will know that you actually read these rules :-) We decline ALL inquiries that do not have the secret word. But you have made it this far - so welcome home!!!
- Supporting the local economy
- Promoting "eco" activities
- Motion sensors lights
- 100% renewable energy
- Organic or Local Food
- Car-free accessibility
- Ecological cleaning products
- More than 80% waste recycling
- Energy saving lights
- Green building
- Solar thermal panels for hot water
- Water flow reducers
- Recovery & reuse of rainwater
- Recycled paper
- Towel change on request
- Natural conditioning or class A air conditioning
- Appliances in energy class A
- Water-saving toilets
- Environmental-friendly fornitures
- Fair trade products
- Biodiversity of green areas
- Guest Satisfaction
- Digital Detox
- Electric Vehicles Charging
- Private bathroom
- Breakfast included
- Organic garden
- Ecotourism itineraries
- Wellness center
- Small pets allowed
- Credit card
- Educational farm
- Reading room
- TV in room
- Air conditioning
- Own entrance
- Covid-19 Safety measures
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this eco-friendly accommodation the first review!