Colina Flora organic, country B&B
- Bed & Breakfast
A charmingly chic and green guesthouse in the rural hills of the Sintra Natural Park, with vegetarian menù, organic and local food, mountain bike available for guests, yoga, and massages.
Colina Flora is located in the rural hills of the Sintra Natural Park, UNESCO World Heritage Site & Cultural Landscape, in the hamlet of Pé da Serra, a 15-minute walk to quaint villages of Almoçageme & Penedo.
The house has a fully-equipped guest kitchen available for self-catering with a bar. Delicious, organic, locally sourced, vegetarian and home-made food is available in the breakfast buffet. Special dietary needs such as, vegan & gluten-free are accommodated.
The breakfast includes:
- Fresh & dried fruits, organic yogurt, local cheeses, free-range organic eggs, vegan spreads, porridge, etc
- Homemade granola & whole grain bread
- Fresh baked muffins & cakes, local pastries
- Fresh squeezed orange juice, organic coffee, organic herb teas, breakfast tea
Available for guests: free internet wi-fi, a swimming pool & outdoor garden sitting areas & hammock, two mountain bikes (ride at your own risk).
The eco-house offers "dramatic" natural scenery, ocean views. You can easily reach the house by bus, and a shuttle service to village of Almoçageme and Adraga beach is available for guests.
At Colina Flora you can enjoy yoga, massage and many other activities and excursions.
Colina Flora has 5 lovely rooms/suites with ocean views, clean sea/mountain air and tested/filtered deep well water. Each room is uniquely furnished, with ensuite bedroom and outside patio/terrace/veranda. The rooms are fitted with organic cotton sheets, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, high-quality duvet, and comfortable mattresses, beach towels and yoga mats.
Available for guests in each room:
- Flat-screen TV with satellite reception in English & German (except Camellia Room), and free WIFI/ internet.
- Daily housekeeping service is included.
- Our rooms are non-smoking.
- Rooms are stocked daily with bottled water, fresh fruit, organic snacks & fresh-cut flowers, a variety of organic, breakfast teas and a welcoming bottle of wine.
We speak English & German, some French & Portugues.
ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE & “GREEN”:
- Towels, slippers, bathrobes and most bedding are made from organic cotton
- Meals are prepared using organic, seasonal, high quality & locally grown ingredients
- Use organic/bio-degradable cleaning supplies laundry detergent - hang laundry to dry
- Use filtered/tested well water and energy-efficient appliances/light bulbs
- Recycle, compost and maintain an organic garden and a low-chemical swimming pool
- Support small local shops, artisans, restaurants and regional organic farmers
- Supporters of Slow Food ( believing in good, clean, locally & fairly produced, foods and products
- Future plan to install solar panels
- 100% renewable energy
- Organic or Local Food
- Car-free accessibility
- Ecological cleaning products
- More than 80% waste recycling
- Energy saving lights
- Green building
- Solar thermal panels for hot water
- Water flow reducers
- Recovery & reuse of rainwater
- Electric Vehicles Charging
- Private bathroom
- Breakfast included
- Organic garden
- Ecotourism itineraries
- Wellness center
- Small pets allowed
- Vegetarians meals
- TV in room
- Vegan Meals
- Own entrance
- Covid-19 Safety measures
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this eco-friendly accommodation the first review!