The house on the hill
- Bed & Breakfast
a bed & breakfast located on the beautiful and unspoiled hill of Bkechtine in the Chouf region, historically the heart of Mount Lebanon, only 35 km away from Beirut.
In the villa, our guests will be lodged on the top floor which consists of two bedrooms, a bathroom and a balcony. It can be accessed from within the house as well as through an exterior staircase. This is where you will be welcomed by Ziad and Cécile, both nature and music lovers.
• Healthy and generous Breakfast ! Olive trees from the hill provide us with an extra virgin olive oil
• Fresh vegetables are picked from the nearby organic farm
The location offers a panoramic view of the sea and the high mountains from every terrace
• Our house is surrounded by a large, natural style garden that includes many native species of flowering plants collected from the hill itself and from various parts of Lebanon, from seashore to high mountains
• The hill is well-preserved and offers an exceptional bio-diverse natural environment. Several paths crisscross the hill, perfect for runs, walks and picnics
• Green Escape is only a 15-min drive from the sandy beaches of Jiyeh, Saadiyat and Damour
• You can also enjoy nearby popular touristic sites including the towns of Deir el Kamar and Beiteddine, the Barouk cedar reserve, as well as Saida and other southern towns
Cécile writes as a freelance journalist covering cultural issues in Lebanon. Ziad was a research scientist in the US, where he developed a passion for growing plants and designing gardens, a passion he brought back to Lebanon. He has helped design and plant several gardens and is now growing native wildflowers along the sides of the road in Bkechtine.
FACILITIES AND PRICES
1 large room with 1 double bed
1 room with 2 single beds
An extra bed may be added if required
$120 per night per room (breakfast included)
$220 for the two rooms
We also offer long-term discounted prices! Please feel free to send us a message.
If requested in advance, simple dishes, prepared locally, may be delivered to the house for lunch or dinner.
Languages spoken are French, English and Arabic, with smatterings of German and Italian.
Transfer to/from Beirut airport (30 km from the house) is available.
Taxis for excursions by the day or half-day are also available.
- 100% renewable energy
- Organic or Local Food
- Car-free accessibility
- Ecological cleaning products
- More than 80% waste recycling
- Energy saving lights
- Green building
- Solar thermal panels for hot water
- Water flow reducers
- Recovery & reuse of rainwater
- Promoting "eco" activities
- Towel change on request
- Supporting the local economy
- Regional Food
- Fair trade products
- Biodiversity of green areas
- Guest Satisfaction
- Private bathroom
- Breakfast included
- Organic garden
- Ecotourism itineraries
- Wellness center
- Small pets allowed
- Child & Family Friendly
- Vegetarians meals
- TV in room
- Artisanal products for sale
- Vegan Meals
- Own entrance
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this eco-friendly accommodation the first review!