Lavinium Albergo Diffuso
- Albergo diffuso
Experience the historical grounds and see how people have lived in towns like Laino Castello decades ago. Get inspired by the authenticity, local cuisine, nature, and retreat to this small hilltop village, where time has stopped moving forward.
Immerse in this experience, on historical grounds, see how people were living their daily life throughout the past decades.
The old town of Laino Costello has been abandoned hundreds of years ago due to the lack of work possibilities. Now, part of it got restored to the delight of the community and the visitors who wish to spend a few days or just go for a day trip back in time and reconnect with nature.
The concept of Albergo diffuso originates from Italy and means “dispersed hotel,” which allows guests to live among historic, urban settings. Few of the townhouses were transformed into private-entranced rooms, while in other buildings you will find a traditional restaurant and bar. It is also interesting to see the characteristics of a shop from hundreds of years ago.
- Stay in rooms, decorated with the charm of the local culture and sustainable solutions.
- Fire some wood in the fireplace on the colder days.
- Enjoy the organically sources dishes, home-made flavors, local wines and spirits
- Just relax and retreat in this inspiring scenery
Together with the government, the management of Lavinium Albergo Diffuso is working on recovering and preserving the authenticity of this town, house by house. There is a big emphasis on the community living around Laino Castello, and they often contribute to or inspired by the surroundings. There are possibilities for:
- Local artists showcasing their art among the ruins
- Live music performances
- Actor groups performing periodic scenes among the walls
- Experience cooking on an open fire
- Learn to make pasta and other dishes with the locals
- Visit the nearby farm, where the raw materials are being produced
It has a fantastic location on the hilltop, overlooking Laino Borgo and all the surrounding nature. As Lavinium Albergo Diffusi is located in the Pollino National Park, there are a lot of possibilities for exploring the area:
- Rent a bike and stroll the mountainous region. (The management can help you to get in touch with a local service)
- Go for a hike, and discover the nature in the national park (the Pino Loricato, famous symbol of the park can only be found in this region)
- Raft on the Laino or (on its other name) Lao river through amazing canyons and forests
The management is happy to organize personalized offers, events, or refer to local services that you could enjoy. Write to them for more information or with inquiries!
- Bicycle rental service
- Supporting the local economy
- Promoting "eco" activities
- 100% renewable energy
- Organic or Local Food
- Car-free accessibility
- Ecological cleaning products
- More than 80% waste recycling
- Energy saving lights
- Green building
- Solar thermal panels for hot water
- Water flow reducers
- Recovery & reuse of rainwater
- Appliances in energy class A
- Regional Food
- Environmental-friendly fornitures
- Fair trade products
- Biodiversity of green areas
- Digital Detox
- Electric Vehicles Charging
- Private bathroom
- Breakfast included
- Organic garden
- Ecotourism itineraries
- Wellness center
- Small pets allowed
- Child & Family Friendly
- Pets allowed
- Credit card
- Educational farm
- Gluten free meals
- Vegetarians meals
- Artisanal products for sale
- Vegan Meals
- Own entrance
- Ebike Charging Station
- Natural Park
- Old town
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this eco-friendly accommodation the first review!