Off The Grid
Surviving all year long with no grid connection and no fossil fuels? Is it really possible? Come and check for yourself in our century-old family farm, which we have renovated into an authentic off-the-grid guesthouse using renewable energies only.
Our farmhouse is an authentic heritage farm, whose traditional buildings and gardens were designed to provide self-subsistence to the local farming community.
While early foundations probably date back to the 16th century, the buildings in their current state were completed around 1930 as a result of several upgrading stages.
It is the same spirit of keeping up with the times, while preserving our ancestors’ achievements, that has driven the latest conversion of the farm into today’s guesthouse.
As a pilot project, the house has actually been completely revamped to showcase a modern eco-friendly lifestyle, based on energy self-sufficiency on one hand, and minimalism on the other hand.
Hence, it offers an unique blend of modern technology and vintage design, in a “rustic chic” style that may surprise you by its simplicity and elegance.
Accommodation consists in an open-plan living space on the ground floor, and three bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms on the first floor.
Bedrooms have been specifically designed to offer the seasoned traveller the expected comfort essentials, from custom-made solid oak furniture to carefully selected bathroom accessories.
Each bedroom comes with the same features, designed or selected for their functionality, simplicity and elegance:
– bedding for two people, with cotton sateen bed linen and bathroom linen (bath towel, hand towel, bath mat)
– open wardrobe fitted with wooden hangers, laptop table(s) with chair and stool, bedside table with integrated laptop safe
– tea set, bathroom scale, disposable sanitary bin with sanitary bags dispenser
Toiletries may be graciously supplied upon request: shampoo, shower cap, dental kit, shaving kit, vanity kit.
- Supporting the local economy
- Promoting "eco" activities
- 100% renewable energy
- Organic or Local Food
- Car-free accessibility
- Ecological cleaning products
- More than 80% waste recycling
- Energy saving lights
- Green building
- Solar thermal panels for hot water
- Water flow reducers
- Recovery & reuse of rainwater
- Towel change on request
- Natural conditioning or class A air conditioning
- Appliances in energy class A
- Water-saving toilets
- Regional Food
- Environmental-friendly fornitures
- Biodiversity of green areas
- Electric Vehicles Charging
- Private bathroom
- Breakfast included
- Organic garden
- Ecotourism itineraries
- Wellness center
- Small pets allowed
- Credit card
- Vegetarians meals
- Vegan Meals
- Covid-19 Safety measures
- Countryside & farm
- Unusual & Unique
- Green energy
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this eco-friendly accommodation the first review!