Out There - Off Grid Private Island
- Bed & Breakfast
Out There has been designed for independent, tread-lightly travellers looking for off-grid wilderness accommodations. Our concept is digital detox. Move away from your phone. Find your Wild!
Out There provides alternative, off grid accommodation on a private island in the heart of BC's beautiful, undiscovered Sunshine Coast. Exclusive Island prices includes return boat cruise from Egmont, breakfast, lunch and evening meals, for a maximum of 6 people. Our food is focused on fresh, local and homegrown, let us know any preferences or allergies in advance.
Think wilderness glamping meets bohemian boudoir and you'll find yourself Out There. Our concept is digital detox. Move away from the phone and find your wild!
This listing is for your exclusive private island eco-retreat. Prices include meals, return boat transport from the Government Dock in Egmont, and accommodations for a maximum of 6 people. The rooms are:
- Private tent cabin, queen bed, out door en-suite (Apr-Sep)
- Private yurt room, king bed, en-suite (Mar-Oct)
- Private yurt room, queen bed, (Mar-Oct)
Each room sleeps a maximum of 2 people and has incredible ocean views, private outdoor space, comfortable king or queen bed, organic bedding, composting toilets, shower, towels and locally made biodegradable soaps, shampoo and toothpaste.
Exclusive private island from $550 per night, max 6 peeps
Waterfront Tent cabin from $130 per night, max 2 peeps
Yurt rooms from $120 per night, max 2 peeps
Price includes boat service to and from Out There on our classic west coast troller. We pick up between 3-5pm from the Government Dock in Egmont, unless prior arrangement is made. The boat trip is a leisurely 30 min cruise to Out There, so kick back, shake off the city and take in the views.
Facilities and services include:
- shared kitchen, well stocked pantry and living spaces
- DIY / self serve breakfast and lunch
- family style evening meals are provided
- blue tooth speaker and WiFi, but you left your phone at home right?
- large wrap around sun deck
- designated fire pits
- lounging hammocks
- private beach and swimming bay
- kayaks / paddle boards for rent
- life jackets / safety equipment
- snorkelling gear
- local boat tours with experienced guides
Interaction with guests
- Someone is always on site to answer any questions, deal with day to day property maintenance, prepare evening meals, to swap stories, help organise equipment rentals or tours, or to deal with any emergencies.
- We provide boat service to and from Out There. Pick up is between 3.00-5,00pm at the Government Dock in Egmont, unless prior arrangement is made.
- Local water taxi's are available if arrival is after 6.00PM, additional fees apply.
- Food is included due to limited storage and refrigeration facilities and to minimise waste.
- DIY / self serve breakfast and lunch from the well stocked pantry and seasonal garden.
- You'll be encouraged to harvest your daily limit of oysters and clams from the beach. Don't forget to pick up a fishing licence.
- Healthy, nutritious family style meals are provided in the evenings.
- Let us know any dietary needs or allergies in advance.
- Out There is chef friendly. If the kitchen is your key to relaxation, bring your signature dish skills.
Other things to note
DO YOU HAVE ELECTRICTIY? - Out There is designed to take advantage of BC's temperate rainforest climate. We harvest solar and wind to provide all of our power, and also have a back up generator. Please be mindful to conserve energy, turn lights off, charge devices during daylight hours.
DO YOU HAVE RUNNING WATER? - Our water system is a combination of well water from a solar powered pump and rainwater harvesting. All water in the main Yurt is fresh filtered and potable. All wash room facilities have been designed to conserve water and feature showers, composting toilets. Our grey water system is sensitive, and bio degradable toiletries are provided.
CAN WE BRING OUR OWN FOOD? - We are aiming for zero waste and have limited refrigeration. Food provided is healthy, grown, caught, harvested from the beach or bought locally. We cater for allergies or food preferences. Guests are welcome to BYO food, snacks, beer, wine, but should avoid bringing garbage, pack out what ever you pack in and leave no trace. All recycling is donated to the Egmont Community Hall.
ACCESSIBILITY? - On arrival at the private dock, there are obvious "deer trails" and some magical driftwood stairs and railings that lead you around the island. Please note that the terrain is steep and rocky in areas and is not suitable for people with limited mobility. It is a short steep hike up to the yurt on the highest point of the island, to take full advantage of the incredible 360 ocean and mountain views. What goes up must come down, so its a hike down again to the tent and to the beach. Make sure you pack light, and think of it as free exercise!
WHAT SHOULD WE BRING? Try and pack light for your trip as you have to haul your gear up to the yurt and tent. We pretty much have guaranteed summers July through August, but the shoulder seasons can be rainy. We do live in a rain forest after all! Things to consider are: a light rain jacket; suitable outdoor footwear; water shoes; quick dry clothes; swimming gear; a good book; sunscreen & bug spray (no chemicals please); water bottle, and don't forget your camera.
AVAILABILITY? - If this listing is booked, please check our individual listings for private rooms.
WHAT TIME CAN WE ARRIVE? - We normally pick up at 2:00PM at the Government Dock in Egmont, unless prior arrangement is made. Local water taxi's are available for arrivals after dark - additional fees apply.
RESERVATIONS? - financial transactions, date changes, cancellations and refunds can be managed directly through your own Airbnb account. We do not have access to your payment data and cannot cancel your reservation on your behalf.
SPECIAL REQUESTS? - we do not have rooms with extra beds or cots. There is a maximum of 2 people per room.
- 100% renewable energy
- Organic or Local Food
- Car-free accessibility
- Ecological cleaning products
- More than 80% waste recycling
- Energy saving lights
- Green building
- Solar thermal panels for hot water
- Water flow reducers
- Recovery & reuse of rainwater
- Electric Vehicles Charging
- Private bathroom
- Breakfast included
- Organic garden
- Ecotourism itineraries
- Wellness center
- Small pets allowed
- Pets allowed
- Gluten free meals
- Vegetarians meals
- Vegan Meals
- Covid-19 Safety measures
- Natural Park
- Unusual & Unique
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this eco-friendly accommodation the first review!