Truffle hunt in Slovenian IstriaSlovenian Istria - 6000 Sečovlje - Municipality of Piran - Slovenia
Are truffles really an aphrodisiac? Why do we hunt for truffles using pigs instead of dogs? Do we really hunt truffles only very early in the morning? A truffle hunter and his two dogs will take you through the magical world of truffles. We will go truffle hunting together in the nearby woods and with a bit of luck discover lots of truffles. Afterwards we will have a plat of fuži (homemade pasta) with truffles, accompanied by a delicious glass of local wine. This unforgettable local experience will connect you with locals and give you the opportunity to purchase products from / with truffles: spreads, oil, honey and cheese.
The half-day trip includes:
• truffle hunting,
• tasting of spread and cheese with truffles,
• a coupon for cheaper purchases of products with truffles: spreads, cheese, oil, and honey,
• selected wine of top local wineries,
• soft drinks,
• trip organization and implementation costs,
• a meal of fuži with truffles,
• the cooking of fuži with truffles.
The excursion is guided by Istra Terra (Istraterra.com) in Slovenian, English or Italian. We'll have an easy trip, no special equipment is required, only weather-appropriate clothing and footwear.