Histria Botanica Guesthouse
- Farm house
Secluded botanical farm with indigenous herbs, located in the hinterland of the Slovenian coast. Ideal for travelers interested in herbology, aromatherapy and civilization detox.
We are a small farm growing indigenous herbs and producing natural and organic hydrosol and essential oils.
For those who are looking for rustic accommodation we can offer 1 apartment (for 4prs.), 1 room (for 2 prs.) and you can also place your own tent in a small campsite on our property.
There is always a small swimming pool waiting for you to refresh yourself during hot summer days!
For aromatherapy lovers we organise workshops and courses of steam distillation, natural cosmetics, ....
Everyday we prepare delicious home-made local dishes from seasonal fresh vegetables, fruits. We bake our own focaccia with different toppings.
We are very proud to our products from herbs (hydrosols, essential oils) available under brand HISTRIA BOTANICA.
We assure you that:
1. Plants are breed from indigenous seeds of peninsula of Istria, the largest peninsula in the Adriatic sea, Mediterranean,
2. Every plant is planted by hand,,
3. Herbs production satisfies ecological standards,
4. Plants are harvested when the concentration of volatile oil is at its highest,
5. Essential oil and hydrosol are processed in our own steam distillery with spring water from Dragonja river,
6. It is stored in special, dark glass vials for easier preservability over longer periods of time,
7. Analyses of the quality of substances will be done seasonally,
8. Everything in our process is done with care and love to nature.
- Bicycle rental service
- Supporting the local economy
- Promoting "eco" activities
- No single dose
- 100% renewable energy
- Organic or Local Food
- Car-free accessibility
- Ecological cleaning products
- More than 80% waste recycling
- Energy saving lights
- Green building
- Solar thermal panels for hot water
- Water flow reducers
- Recovery & reuse of rainwater
- Recycled paper
- Towel change on request
- Regional Food
- Biodiversity of green areas
- Electric Vehicles Charging
- Private bathroom
- Breakfast included
- Organic garden
- Ecotourism itineraries
- Wellness center
- Small pets allowed
- Credit card
- Educational farm
- Gluten free meals
- Vegetarians meals
- Reading room
- Artisanal products for sale
- Air conditioning
- Own entrance
9 months ago
We had a wonderful time at Jana’s and Mateo’s place. Hidden in a beautiful and quiet valley, the old farmhouse with its nice Terrace, Its huge garden and the small pool are like a little paradise where you can spend some lazy and relaxed days. Every night there is the possibility to have dinner with the other guests and we strongly recommend to do so, because Jana is a fabulous cook! Dinner is served best with Matteo’s home made gin tonic... Jana and Matteo can give great recommendations on what to do in the surroundings and have even bicycles for free which you can use to go to the coast for example. Dear Matteo and Jana, we really hope to come back soon and we are sorry that it took us so long to write this review... Thank you for everything!
It has been noticed: Organic or Local Food, Recovery & reuse of rainwater.
My dear Lena, first we wish you fabolous 2019. Very, very thank you for a such great review and we hope to host you again, soon. We are glad that you enjoyed and have still so nice memories. Kind regards, Jana & co.
Histria Botanica Guesthouse